Absolutely no drawing experience necessary in my California Vibe Watercolor Portraiture™ workshop. I use a reference photo and tracing technique that’s super simple to execute.
The creativity and painting fun begins during the painting process! Through my step-by-step demonstrations and question-and-answer sessions, I lead artists down a path of expressive, energetic and evocative portrait painting.
Throughout the course of the workshop, artists learn:
* How to shoot dramatic, stylistic reference photos with a smart phone and natural daylight.
* How to utilize a simple photo/tracing technique to prepare for the painting process.
* How to bust through the color barrier.
* How to mix gutsy colors with a minimal five-color palette.
* How to merge positive and negative stencil embellishment techniques into their portraits.